Advice for U.S. Employers and Employees about the H-1B Visa Process

Many companies in the United States find themselves increasingly dependent on the talent, experience and energy of foreign national workers in professional, technical or specialized occupational fields. These employees typically enter the U.S. on nonimmigrant H-1B visas. If your company or Human Resources department needs counsel in preparing and filing an H-1B visa petition, contact an experienced business immigration lawyer at the law firm of Philip Levin & Associates in San Francisco.

The H-1B category is a nonimmigrant visa, which allows a U.S. company to employ a foreign individual for up to six years, in three year increments.  Like many employment-based nonimmigrant visas, the H-1B category is generally faster to obtain than applying for lawful permanent residence (green card). Thus, employees required for long-term assignments in the U.S. often initially enter using a non-immigrant visa such as the H-1B.

Our firm is experienced and knowledgeable about the requirements for the “specialty occupation” H-1B visa.

We will assist you in filing the necessary I-129 petition and Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).

Since inception, PL&A has served companies needing professionals such as engineers, accountants, analysts, architects, drafters, doctors, and teachers in filling their temporary positions. Employers apply for H-1B visas on behalf of foreign national employees in “specialty occupations” that generally require the equivalent of a job-relevant U.S. Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D degree.

Comprehensive Client Service for California Employers of Foreign Nationals

With more than twenty-five (25) years of legal experience primarily focused on business immigration, Northern California SuperLawyer Philip M. Levin knows what employers need to assure a smooth entry process for foreign national employees.

For dependable advice about H-1B visas and other temporary employment visas,contact an immigration attorney at Philip Levin & Associates.